- Some sorry news! We lost another car lover: Pat Purcell who suffered a massive heart attack on Sunday, May 10, 2014 and is headed for the big car show in the sky! He had the blue Shelby replica sports car that he showed in various local shows and worked for Allstate Insurance in Olney. He was a great guy! The following is the Pumphrey Obituary:
Patrick M. Purcell Of Brookeville, Maryland, passed away on Sunday, May 10, 2014.
Beloved husband of Sharon Purcell; father of Jason and his wife Allison, Lynsey, Katie and her husband Dan and Sean. Grandfather of Isabella and Oscar. Mr. Purcell is also survived by his brother Thomas Purcell and by his sister Portia Purcell. Friends will be received at Pumphrey’s Colonial Funeral Home, 300 West Montgomery Avenue, Rockville, MD on Thursday from 3:00 to 5:00 and 7:00 to 9:00 PM. Mass of Christian Burial will be offered at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 4101 Norbeck Road, Rockville, MD on Friday, May 15 at 1:00 PM. Interment will take place at Parklawn Memorial Park. In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be made to the Montgomery County Humane Society, 601 South Stonestreet Avenue, Rockville, MD 20850.
This just in (April 28th, 2015) from the Model T Ford Club,I received this info from Richard Zierdt tonight and wanted to pass it along to the club My father, Charles H. Zierdt, died quietly in his sleep on April 10, 2015 in Oakland, California.He had dementia for years, and had been slowing down. No painful aliments, etc., he just slowed down, and eventually stopped eating. He went peacefully at age 92 (would be 93 on April 24). My oldest brother, who is retired and lives in California, took care or our father for the last four years or so. Dad was in a nursing home. He is now buried in Wilkes-Barre, PA, at our family plot in Hanover Cemetery. “Cards and notes can be sent to Richard at the address in the club roster.Thanks,Marge
- LORETTA MURPHYLoretta Murphy (Trittipoe) of Brookeville, MD, beloved wife of Michael Murphy passed peacefully on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 surrounded by her loving family. Born in Grundy, VA, she moved to Maryland early and grew up in the Rockville, Potomac and Cabin John area. After a 20 year career at A&P/Super Fresh, she became a sales rep for Chaimson Brokers and worked with her husband in his capacity as an Archway Cookie distributor, developing many friendships at Safeway and Giant. Her charm, beauty, sense of humor and zest for life brought pleasure to everyone she met.Loretta loved all things in nature, especially birds, flowers, rocks and trees, spending hours hiking and biking the towpath and area trails with her husband. An avid gardener, rock-wall builder and all-around “digger of dirt”, she worked tirelessly to make their home the “Showplace of Brookeville” that it had been called in decades past.She is also survived by her three daughters, Robin (John) McCue, Holley (Tim Murphy) Trittipoe, and Tiffney (Vincent) Brienza, step-son Dabe (Janelle) Murphy, brother Henry (Judy) Looney, and sisters Fawn (Dave) Weed and Carol (Terry) James. Loretta’s six grandchildren, Aly and Caroline McCue, Kelley and Drew Wallace, Augustina Brienza and Rigel Murphy were her greatest joy.A celebration of her life, with memorial service and reception will be held at
2 p.m. Sunday March 29 at Salem United Methodist Church in Brookeville, Maryland. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research, Grand Central Station, P.O. Box 477, NY, NY 10163-4777 – MichaelJFox.org. Please also find memories, stories and pictures of this beautiful lady on her Facebook page, “Friends of Loretta”.
Published in The Washington Post on Mar. 22, 2015 – See more at:http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/washingtonpost/obituary.aspx?n=loretta-murphy&pid=174454746#sthash.BXxRQQXn.dpuf
- From the National Capital Model “T” Ford Club: Model T’ers,
We have learned that Ginny Potter fell and broke her hip. Cards/notes of cheer can be sent to her home address listed in the club directory.Thanks,Marge
- Jerry Seitz’s father-in-law passed away suddenly.
- It was also mentioned that the senior member of the Coker (tire) family passed away.